Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Mr. Small-town newspaper editor does it again

Rich writes, "interesting perspective...I'll recommend to any one reading this thread that they check out the original post on done with mirrors and your original post at (which was just copied and pasted here) and judge for themselves...I'm sticking with my original assessment."

Rich, this guy "Callimachus" is not being straight with his readers. I can go into detail but I will focus on a specific example from his "Left Behind" post.
I took your advice to check out Callimachus' original post (a second time for me obviously) and I discovered he has changed it. I think you should change your original assessment. Look at what I quoted from his original post:
"By this time, my commitment to freedom of speech was solid; up to "shouting fire in a crowded theater," I endorsed it all."
Now look what he has changed it to:
"My commitment to freedom of speech was solid; anything this side of "shouting fire in a crowded theater," I endorsed."
I had pointed out to him in response to what he had written originally that "I have never come across a liberal that says it is OK to yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater." I explained to him that he "never grasped the concept of the free speech argument".
He does not acknowledge that I am correct yet like a sneak he changes what he wrote and deletes my post. This only confirms what I have written, he is rude, unreasonable, stubborn and intellectually dishonest.

Rich, you wrote that "people aren't so bad if you get to know them" Unfortunately with the case of "Callimachus" (AKA "The Sciolist", AKA "Doug Harper"), the more you get to know him through his writing the more you see how bad he acts. In his role as a newspaper editor he is doing damage to our society. You are assuming this guy is on the level, he isn't. I hope these points make you reevaluate your opinion. It is guys like "Callimachus" that pollute our public discourse with such a dishonest approach to discussions. Please read over my blog and webpage, guys like "Callimachus" in their media roles, have kept more than this from the public.

See previous post: a small-town newspaper editor

No comments: