Sunday, December 25, 2005

Student Admits Making Up Homeland Security Agents' Visit

"The UMass Dartmouth student who claimed to have been visited by Homeland Security agents over his request for "The Little Red Book" by Mao Zedong has admitted to making up the entire story. The 22-year-old student tearfully admitted he made the story up to his history professor, Dr. Brian Glyn Williams, and his parents, after being confronted with the inconsistencies in his account.

The student's motivation remains a mystery, but in the interview on Thursday, he provided a glimpse: "When I came back, like wow, there's this circus coming on. I saw my cell phone, and I see like, wow, I have something like 75 messages and like something like 87 missed calls," he said. "Wow, I was popular. I usually get one or probably two a week and that's about it, and I usually pick them up." " - Federal agents' visit was a hoax, Student admits he lied about Mao book By AARON NICODEMUS, Standard-Times staff writer

No comments: