Saturday, December 20, 2008

"I myself was twice warned by PBS producers"

See video: "I myself was twice warned by PBS producers"
Many Americans just don't know how mainstream media is actually behaving. It doesn't occur to them what's being withheld from them. Scott Horton is a Contributing Editor of Harper's Magazine, in a footnote to a December 2008 Harper's Magazine article, he reveals:
"I myself was twice warned by PBS producers, in advance of appearances on The Newshour with Jim Lehrer, that I could use the word “torture” in the abstract but that I was to refrain from applying it to the administration’s policies. And after an interview with CNN in which I spoke of the administration’s torture policy, I was told by the producer, “That’s okay for CNN International, but we can’t use it on the domestic feed." - TV Allows Torture Talk Only 'in the Abstract'

In order to get a clear profile picture, I've made this video consisting of one still frame. I've slightly altered the ends of the ribbon so it'll look when it is used as the profile picture. The problem is there's an apparent glitch which acts like I've selected "Always use my latest uploaded video still" for my profile picture when I haven't. And when I try to upload an image for the profile picture, the picture ends up looking blurry. So I need a thumbnail from a video and youtube now only lets you select a thumbnail from the last 9 videos you have uploaded. So in order to deal with this situation, I'm using one still frame for this whole video. And the reason is thumbnails are now selected algorithmically so I couldn't be sure I would get this image as the thumbnail unless I put it in ever frame of this video.

No comments: